Issues Installing RPM SDK in Unity (2020.3.27f1)

Hi,

I’ve encountered issues after installing the RPM SDK in Unity via a Git link.
I’m using Unity Editor version 2020.3.27 f1, and after installation, the RPM tab does not appear in the editor, and the start window does not open automatically.

When I try clicking on the ConfigEditor script in the project window, additional errors pop up. Below are the specific errors that I see:

CS8124: Tuple must contain at least two elements
Location: Library\PackageCache\com.readyplayerme.core@6310 fded25\Runtime\Core\Scripts\Utils\AvatarAnimationHelper.cs(19,87)

CS1526: A new expression requires (), [], or {} after type
Location: Library\PackageCache\com.readyplayerme.core@6310 fded25\Runtime\Core\Scripts\Utils\AvatarAnimationHelper.cs(19,88)

Additionally, when clicking on the ConfigEditor script, I get these TypeLoadException errors:

Could not load type 'ReadyPlayerMe.Core.Lod'
Could not load type 'ReadyPlayerMe.Core.Pose'
Could not load type 'ReadyPlayerMe.Core.TextureAtlas'

I followed the standard installation instructions and ensured that the Git link was correct.
Could you help me troubleshoot these issues?

Any guidance would be appreciated!

Hi there,

The issue is most likely that Scripting runtime (C#) is using C#6 but tuples are a feature of C# 7

You should be able to Adjust your Player settings to use C#7 to fix this.

Hello,

Thank you for the suggestion. I tried adjusting the player settings to .NET 4.x but still faced issues with the new(). This works fine in later Unity versions anyway.

Is there anything else I might need to do to get RPM working in this Unity version, or upgrade to a newer Unity version?

Thank you for your time!

Hi @red26

We recommend updating your Unity as we don’t officially support Unity 2020 anymore. We added this information to our documentation recently.