Error after updating RPM: AvatarProcessError - Avatar postprocess failed. is either null or is not of type GameObject

I recently updated RPM inside Unity, and kept getting caught on the following error:

AvatarProcessError - Avatar postprocess failed. is either null or is not of type GameObject

I’m unsure which change fixed it, but I removed RPM and anything name after RPM (I had lots of old test files, saved avatars, and I tested the WebView back before it was released).

I also found that I had this error a while ago, and used the workaround of defining ‘GLTFAST’ under Project Settings>Player> Other Settings>Script Compilation>Scripting Define Sympbols.

I removed GLFAST from there, and pressed apply. Then closed Unity, opened it again, and did a clean install of RPM.

Now everything seems to work, and I can download avatars again. I also noticed that under Scripting Define Symbols, it now includes ‘READY_PLAYER_ME’. I’m unsure if it did that before.

Hopefully this helps someone else!

Hello and welcome to the forum!
Yes, reinstalling the package and making sure to remove ‘GLTFAST’ under Project Settings>Player> Other Settings>Script Compilation>Scripting Define Symbols, as you said, should fix the issue.
Thanks for sharing the solution to help others :slight_smile: