Build Errors on iOS due to WebView (ver 6.0.0)

I’m having build errors on iOS due to the WebView. I don’t want to use the WebView, i’m using the “Built-In” example and I don’t want our players to navigate or be outside the app for any reason. In addition, WebViews are bloaty in Unity and we want to keep our distribution size small.

1> Can the WebView be disabled with some pre-processor script defines?
2> If I can’t disable it, how do I get around the errors?

Here are the errors I’m getting in xCode. Built with Unity 2022.3.17f1 Pro
xCode version (latest)
oSX running Sonoma 14.4

Hi and welcome to the Forum!

1. You don’t need to use Webview for your project, you can use our Custom Avatar Creator in Unity instead. The link to the documentation can be found here. Custom Avatar Creator supports the iOS.

2. Here are some steps you can take to resolve these errors:

• Make sure you have the latest version of Xcode installed. Some of these classes may not be available in older versions of Xcode.

• Check if the WebKit framework is correctly linked in your Xcode project. You can do this by going to your project settings in Xcode, then going to “Build Phases” → “Link Binary With Libraries”. Make sure “WebKit.framework” is in the list. If it’s not, you can add it by clicking the “+” button and searching for “WebKit”.

• If the WebKit framework is correctly linked but you’re still seeing these errors, it might be an issue with your Unity project or the way it’s being built. In that case, you might want to try creating a new Unity project and see if you can reproduce the issue there.

1 Like