Beginner-friendly tutorial

Hey, I want to create outfits in Blender using the template given. But I am not sure how to get started as I am a beginner. I am confused whether to create the clothe from a basic plane or cut the Wolf3D_Body become clothes parts and whatso. I was hoping to find a tutorial video from step 1 until finishing the outfit. I hope I found help in here. Thanks!

Hi Aimi,

Please note that the outfits will only work in your own game/app. You are unable to use it in any other app than the one you’ve created at the moment.

We don’t have a video tutorial on our side we can share yet, but we have a step-by-step guide in our documentation: Fullbody Outfits | Ready Player Me Go from Quickstart to Step 5.

I also recommend checking the modeling guidelines here: Modeling Guidelines | Ready Player Me

One of our users [DedZed] created an awesome video guide that you can also look into, but you need to be aware of a few things that have changed since the video has been made:

• We have disabled Modular Outfit upload via Asset Manager for now.
  • The Assets will only work in your own app/game. There was a bug that allowed outfits to be available in other partner apps, but it’s now fixed. We are working towards interoperable assets in the future, but we don’t have a timeline on it yet.
  • We recommend not assigning skin weights to the leaf joints in the skeleton since these are not meant to be animated. (eye joints are an exception).

Here is the link to video tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLogIWMmBNVp5MwO5iJ_LaXNWPw76wBCnT

Hi there,

Thank you for the references you gave, I will refer to them while trying to work on it. I really appreciate the help. Thanks again!