How to Integrate Ready Player Me Avatars into a Unity Game?

Hey guys :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I am working on a game and completely blown away by the incredible avatars people create with Ready Player Me. They’d be a perfect fit for my project, but I’m a bit lost on how to actually get them into Unity.

Anyone with Ready Player Me integration experience, lend a hand? Here’s what I’m curious about: :smiley:

Launching Point: Where do I even begin? Is there a specific SDK or package I need to download for Unity?
Customization Power: Can players personalize their avatars within the game? Ideally, I’d love these changes to sync back to the Ready Player Me platform too.
Performance Perks: Anything I should know about performance when using these avatars in Unity? Best practices or tricks to keep things smooth?
Learning Resources: Any pointers to in-depth documentation or tutorials that walk me through the integration process?
I also check this : https://forum.readyplayer.me/t/issue-with-user-authentication-in-ready-player-me-integratioservicenow But I have not found any solution.

Basically, any tips you can share would be amazing! I’m hyped to see how Ready Player Me avatars can take my game’s player experience to the next level.

Respected Member
Elena Elbert :heart_eyes:

Hi Elena,

We have an extensive documentation page with instructions and guides on how to integrate Ready Player Me in your game, please give it a read.

When you integrate Ready Player Me in your game, your users will be able to modify their avatars and that will all be in sync with Ready Player Me.

On tips for best performance, it depends on your product and your needs, but in general you can control the output settings of the avatar by using different parameters in your URL call to download them. You can read more about it here.

You can also consult How does Ready Player Me work from our documentation too.

Hope this helps!