Guest Accounts + Partner Assets

I’m trying to make-use of Partner Assets. I’ve uploaded a new tshirt texture via the Asset Designer and I can see the tshirt in the Avatar Creator sample that I’m using in my project.

I want to limit the visibility, so I’ve ensured its locked which it is - Ready Player Me Studio

However the asset still shows up.

I’ve dug into the Asset Creator and I can see that its automatically logging the user in as an anonymous user and then returning all assets in the PlatformAssetManager, but there’s no way to limit this to just “unlocked” assets. I’ve also noticed this class caches the assets internally with a locked bool, but this bool isn’t visible outside of this class - Instead we can only get a list of IDs which isn’t helpful for limiting visibility in my own UI.

I thought maybe this could be a limitation because I’m using anonymous accounts rather than Guest accounts so I tried creating a Guest account as described in the docs - Guest Accounts | Ready Player Me

The response shows that the created user is an anonymous user rather than a guest user despite passing the body as stated in the docs:

"isAnonymous": true,
    "isGuest": false,

Here’s my body:

{
“data”: {
“applicationId”: “6422???51f”
}
}

What’s the intended flow here? Should I be creating a Guest account, storing the UserId and token then re-initializing the UserSession via AuthManager.SetUser?

Also what’s the difference between an anonymous user and a guest account?

Finally if I could get an answer regarding limiting partner assets too, that’s really my main blocker here.

Hey Minneth, if I’m understanding correctly, you don’t want the asset to be visible in the editor. Is your asset marked as visible? You would have to uncheck that box to make it not visible to users.

The locked toggle means it will have to be unlocked for users individually, and it’s independent of its visibility in the editor. This is useful if you want to, for example, use an asset as a reward for a player reaching a milestone in a game: you would unlock that asset to a player, and you can also equip it to their avatar.

Does this solve your need?

Many thanks. So to confirm - If an asset is marked as non-visible but is also unlocked for a particular user then the Avatar Creator still won’t show these assets?

How do we get around this? I’m wanting to gift users assets but have them able to choose the gifted items themselves via the Avatar Creator, rather than automatically equiping.

Changing the Avatar Creator doesn’t sound like the right thing to do.

@Gonzalo_RPM , any chance of a response?

Hey Minneth,

So to confirm - If an asset is marked as non-visible but is also unlocked for a particular user then the Avatar Creator still won’t show these assets?
Correct. If a user had already selected that asset it can still be worn in your subdomain.

How do we get around this? I’m wanting to gift users assets but have them able to choose the gifted items themselves via the Avatar Creator, rather than automatically equiping.
As of now, the solution would be to have them visible but locked, or use the PUT - Equip an asset endpoint to equip them. I understand this is not what you desire, but our editor is limited in that regard. I will share the feedback with the team.